Jennifer Olson Weir, LMT
Licensed Massage Therapist
Spokane, WA - License # MA00023219
Jennifer Olson Weir, LMT, Massage Therapist
Offering treatment through massage for relaxation, injuries and stress
Trained in massage rehabilitation and treatment of such injuries or conditions as carpal tunnel syndrome, thoracis outlet syndrome, whiplash, torticollis, fibromyalgia, shin splints, plantar fasciitis, rotator cuff injuries, tendonitis, epicondylitis (tennis elbow or golfer's elbow), headaches, and chronic low back pain. Some insurances are accepted. See services page for details.
1212 N. Washington St., Ste 206
Spokane, WA 99201
ABOUT THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE
Therapeutic massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm, stress and to promote health and wellness. Massage therapy improves functioning of the circulatory, lymphatic, muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems and may improve the rate at which the body recovers from injury and illness.
Research shows massage reduces the heart rate, lowers blood pressure, increases blood circulation and lymph
flow, relaxes muscles, improves range of motion, and increases endorphins, the body's natural painkillers. Therapeutic massage enhances medical treatment and helps people feel less anxious and stressed, relaxed while at the same time more alert.
According to the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) the benefits of therapeutic massage are:
- Helps relieve stress, reduce anxiety and aids relaxation
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments
- Reduces pain and swelling & reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances athletic performance
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Helps relieve tension- related headaches and effects of eyestrain
- Strengthens the immune system